One of Australia’s biggest cycling events wheels into town with a massive program of rides, races, events, expos and entertainment, coming to Brisbane from 24 March – 12 April 2021.
AusCycling Queensland – General Manager Sean Muir said he was thrilled to see Brisbane Cycling Festival roll into town for a second big year after COVID-19 derailed the 2020 event. “Whether you’re planning a leisurely pedal with your family or going for a podium finish, the Festival has a ride or race for you. Jump on your bike because Brisbane Cycling Festival is one ride you don’t want to miss!”
Brisbane Cycling Festival events are suited for both professional and amateur riders of all ages and abilities.
- AusCycling Track National Championships for Elite, Masters and Juniors at the Anna Meares Velodrome, Chandler from 24 March – 10 April. Spectators from across the country will visit Brisbane to witness some of the nation’s best riders in action in Australia’s biggest domestic track event.
- National Road Series returns as part of Tour de Brisbane, partnered with Splatt Lawyers on Sunday 11 April with a fast and technical course spanning tough reverse climbs up Mt Coot-tha to long stretches over city streets. Riders of all abilities can experience the city like never before as the ultimate Sunday ride navigates 110km of fully closed city roads across a variety of course distances. All the pain of the ride will be for a good cause, as the Tour de Brisbane, partnered with Splatt Lawyers, aims to raise $200,000 for The Common Good charity in support of heart and lung transplant research at Prince Charles Hospital.
- The best of Australia’s cycling, comedy and musical talent will officially launch the festival at the Spokes ‘n’ Jokes afternoon at Welcome to Bowen Hills on Friday 26 March.
- Brisbane Cycling Festival partners with Tour de Office to present the 2021 Corporate Ride Week from 6 – 9 April 2021. The workplace cycle event issues a friendly challenge to colleagues and companies to clock up the most kilometres on a stationary bike while raising the most money for charity.
- The citywide celebration of cycling comes together at Brisbane Showgrounds with a free pop-up Festival Village welcoming riders and spectators alike from 9 – 11 April. This will incorporate a free Active Lifestyle Expo showcasing the latest and greatest cycling technology, products and trends; learn-to-ride camps; come-and-try sessions; e-bike demonstrations; food trucks; Kingdom of Beers craft beer festival; and live entertainment. Stars from the Nitro World Games will perform two, free 30-minute shows daily at the Festival Village, followed by meet-and-greet sessions.
- Other events, ranging from BMX coaching to bicycle maintenance workshops to a Celebrity Bike Polo Tournament, take place across Brisbane during the 20-day Festival.
View the full program, subscribe for updates and buy tickets at brisbanecyclingfestival.com