Who says Margarita’s should only be celebrated on one day a year? Well even though it is International Margarita Day on February 22, at the Prince Consort in Brisbane they are stretching this out to an entire month of Margarita worship.
Across the different Prince Consort bars –
- 400 Rabbits Introducing the Margarita Diablo, a classic margarita on the rocks with salt rim and red wine float! Or why not delight in their frozen Passionpop Margarita!
- La La Land – Are sticking with the Classic Margarita and adding Prosecco and a splash of pink lemonade!
- The Parlour Bar – Tommy’s Margarita, starring tequila, lime and agave.
- Garden Bar – Lemon Drop Margarita, featuring lemon infused tequila, Cointreau, lemon juice, orange and lemongrass syrup.
- Don’t Miss: the MARGARITA DAY PARRRTAYYY @ The Garden Bar on Sunday, February 21 from 12noon with a Mariachi band, taco stands and the finest selection of Herradura Margaritas to try.
REFRESHING MARGARITA FACTS
- The world’s largest margarita was made in Las Vegas. The Flamingo Hotel’s Margaritaville Casino in Las Vegas holds the honour of making the largest margarita in the world. The enormous drink was 32, 176 litres and “served” in a 5.18-metre-tall tank. It took 60 people 300 hours to create. The drink, called the “Lucky Rita” was created to celebrate the opening of the casino in 2011. The mixture included 8078.069 litre of tequila, 8638.31 litres of Margaritaville Margarita mix, 2763.35 litres triple sec, and 12870.4 litres gallons of Lemon-x margarita mix.
- The world’s most expensive margarita – in 2018 New York City’s Selena Rosa restaurant celebrated the margaritas 70th anniversary with the Silk Stocking Margarita. It cost $2,500 and was made with a bottle of Clase Azul Ultra Anejo Tequila, which costs $1,500 a pop. 230 Fifth Rooftop Bar and Penthouse Lounge in Manhattan served margaritas that cost $1200 in 2013. The tequila alone cost $1800 a bottle and the ice was made from $450 bottles of Lois Roederer Cristal Champagne. The final product was poured into a Ralph Lauren hand-blown Hungarian crystal glass that could be taken home afterward. But don’t be too alarmed – half the money spent on the drink was donated to a charity of the drinker’s choice.
- If you thought that wasn’t too bad, how does $30k sound? For Valentine’s Day in 2015, the Iron Cactus in Austin, Texas offered an expensive margarita that came with a pair of diamond earrings.
- You can get your margarita in fried form – this strange food is served at the Texas State Fair, along with a variety of other food that shouldn’t be fried. Funnel cake batter is put through a margarita mixer, fried and then soaked in more margarita. The finished product is topped with whipped cream and served in a salt-rimmed glass.
- Over 185,000 Margaritas are served every hour in America
The Prince Consort Hotel, 230 Wickham St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006