From the archive: This post was published on our original site, MyCityLife back on 30 May 2014
Celebrate Italian Week in The City with a wonderful recipe from Italian domestic Goddess Dominique Rizzo that brings out the Italian in you.
|POTATO GNOCCHI WITH PAN FRIED SALMON AND CREAMY SAFFRON AND LEMON SAUCE|
4 x 200g portions of salmon, skin removed and boned
1 x 500g packet Potato Gnocchi
2 cups pouring cream or 1 tin carnation reduced fat cream
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of half lemon
Pinch of saffron threads
¼ cup dill, leaves picked
Salt and pepper
* In a heavy based pan sear the salmon until still a little pink in the middle approximately 5-6 minutes each side.
* Set the salmon aside and keep warm. The salmon can also be baked or poached.
* In another heavy based fry pan, add in the cream, lemon zest and juice and bring to a simmer.
* Steep the saffron in 2 tblsp of hot water for 2-3 minutes to bring out the colour. Add the saffron threads and liquid to the cream and stir to infuse the colour, adjust the seasoning and add in the cooked gnocchi.
* Boil the Gnocchi as directed on the packet and add the gnocchi to the sauce.
* Allow the sauce to simmer with the gnocchi for 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
* Stir in the dill and adjust seasoning.
* Serve the gnocchi with the seared salmon and wilted spinach or a garden salad.