On today, Harris Farm Markets in WEST VILLAGE are holding their first-ever FOOD TRAIL, Monday October 18 from 7am to 5pm featuring almost 20 tasting stations.
Already a food destination, home to over 500 lines of fruit & veg, Pour Your Own honey, three direct pour milk offerings, more than 500 cheeses, plant-based and vegan products and the famous Imperfect Picks range, the Harris Farm Markets Food Trail will be a food adventure, featuring tasting stations throughout the store, as well as in the West Village Common with the aim to educate shoppers about where their food comes from, and provide inspiration on flavour combinations and cooking ideas.
An example of the tasting stations include:
- Salumi – ethically farmed, cured, slow aged meats and smallgoods from the Northern Rivers will be offering Prosciutto Wrapper Grissini, Sobrassada on sourdough, Salumi with olives, Salami with provolone, pan fried chorizo and more.
- Maleny Dairies – the award-winning Sunshine Coast dairy will be hosting tastings of their famous milk, with the owners there to talk about their herds, creams and more.
- Olympus Cheese – created right here in Brisbane, these artisan cheesemakers who handcraft their award-winning Mediterranean cheese and yoghurt will be offering fried Halloumi with lemon, yoghurts, baked ricotta and feta.
- Watson Family Eggs – the family behind these pasture-raised free range eggs from Junabee in the QLD Southern Downs will be on hand to share their knowledge, stories and fried eggs many ways!
- BioSoto Honey – the family-owned Australian company on the Gold Coast proudly delivering Manuka honey that is raw and cold extracted with an exceptional taste and renowned antibacterial properties, will host tastings of this liquid gold all day.
- Lund Coffee Roasters – based in Bowen Hills, Lund Coffee work with directly farmers across the world’s best coffee growing regions because it embraces transparency and provides a greater benefit for the farmer. Coffee lovers can taste their piccolos, cappuccinos, lattes, mocha and baby chinos.
- Danny’s Bread – the award-winning artisan breadmakers will have mini pastries and baguettes with dipping oil on offer throughout the day.
- Fish in the Family – offering wonderful seafood since 1976, the Fish in the Family team are a wealth of knowledge and will be on hand all day to talk about their full range, from octopus to whiting, and will have sushi and fish burgers on offer.
- Rebel Donuts – made from scratch at Harris Farm Markets every day, and taking Brisbane by flavour-storm, Rebel will have mini donuts for tasting AND will run a Decorate-Your-Own-Donut Station!
- Imperfect Picks – this is Harris Farm’s seasonal range of fruit and veg that might not look perfect from the outside but are as perfect and full of flavour as ever on the inside. The Imperfect Picks program helps reduce the fact that *25 per cent of Australian crops currently never leave the farm gate because they are a bit, well, unattractive, and do not meet the visual specifications of some supermarkets and consumers! This tasting station will feature in-season Imperfect Picks, from avocadoes and apples to sweet potatoes and tomatoes!
FOOD TRAIL – Harris Farm Markets West Village
When – Monday October 18, 7am to 5pm
Where – West Village, 97 Boundary Street West End, 4010
Cost – Free